It’s time to get ready for a trade show taking place in that special city: Las Vegas. It may be surprising to some of our audience, but Pack Expo has a lot of great opportunities for those in the Material Handling industry. Check out some of the exhibitors, topics and events related to robotics and technology that attendees will be able to see this year at Pack Expo 2019
The Robotics Zone is the latest addition to this year’s show. The new area highlights fun and interactive robotic activities and cobot displays. The Robotic Zone will give attendees an opportunity to learn how innovations in automation are transforming the industry.
According to the official Pack Expo website, as attendees enter the North Hall, the Pack Expo Omron Greeter Robot will address the crowd, introducing them to an interactive area where they can experience:
- Local robotics teams displaying their robots in action in the Future Innovators Robotics Showcase
- Object Detection and Flexible Grasping with Artificial Intelligence and Human Interaction Demo sponsored by Siemens
- Comau Interactive Wearable Exoskeleton exhibit: Attendees can try on a wearable suit and perform assisted task and product handling
- The Soft Robotics End-Of-Arm Tool Exhibit will demonstrate an end-of-arm tool designed to mimic the human hand to grasp and manipulate items that vary in size, shape and weight
- Pick and Place/Relocation Activities in action, compliments of University of Waterloo Autonomous Robot
- And, because what happens at Pack Expo stays at Pack Expo….an Omron interactive dice playing cobots!
Sponsors include Bosch, Chicago Electric with Yaskawa, Fanuc America, ProMach with ABB and Universal Robots.
Like every trade show, there are plenty of lectures, sessions and seminars to attend on the show floor to help educate industry professionals on the latest topics and trends. Check out some of the sessions and workshops that are relevant to WMHS readers:
The Starting Point for Robot Automation: A Beginner’s Tour
Monday, September 23, 10AM
This presentation is a great place to begin for those who are new to automation. Visitors will leave with a general idea on how to approach robotics in automation and the key facets to study before making purchases and decisions.
Maximizing Process Efficiency with Outcome Optimizing Controls
September 23, 2PM
Electrical systems can power productivity. Process and machine automation systems deliver high-quality, finished products. Emerson offers specific solutions and expertise to optimize every aspect of their customers’ operations. People around the world come to Emerson for automation technologies and engineering services to help them plan, implement and maintain their operations. Check out this seminar and learn more about how you can improve your facility.
Hear from Rockwell Automation about the options obtainable due to smart machines. Company subject-matter specialists will deliver practical examples of how OEMs can use smart machines and monitoring to convert and enhance their customers’ operations.
The following three Rockwell Automation presentations will be held at the Innovation Stage (C-1049).
- Independent Cart Technology—Changing the Way Customers View Packaging Automation
Sept. 25, 2PM
Catch how OEMs can utilize independent cart technology, allowing for faster changeover times and improved machine flexibility.
- Building a Smarter Machine
Sept. 26, 10AM
Attends will be educated about building smart machines that effortlessly integrate into facilities Operators will have access to more production information and assistance in fast reaction to changing market demands.
- Remote Monitoring—Adding Value to Your Machine Offering
Sept. 26, 3PM
Attendees will be shown how to practice remote monitoring to generate new revenue streams; improve service delivery; and fortify partnership with customers. WMHS
For more information, please visit: https://www.packexpolasvegas.com/