Compiled by Joan Mantini, Chief Editor
The 2019 top new products list is compiled of the most frequently viewed new product articles posted in 2019 on www.worplacepub.com. Starting our list with spot number 14 and working our way up the list to the top-viewed article, Workplace Material Handling & Safety page viewers are taking note of the following new products and services that made a debut in 2019:
14. Cementex announces UltraLite Series Arc Flash PPE Task Wear—Cementex announced the release of the updated UltraLite Series of Arc Flash PPE Task Wear, designed to combine comfort with complete safety. Available in both 11- and12-cal/cm2 and 40 cal/cm2, the UltraLite Series is ideal for a range of uses.
Developed after years of first-hand market research, the UltraLite Series garments are designed for use by qualified persons trained in proper arc flash safety in any situation where the risk of exposure to an arc flash is present. The updated line of garments now features a standard color gray, which reflects sunlight for heat reduction in outdoor applications. Additionally, the gray garments allow for easier identification of contamination, as well as of any dirt or debris that may compromise the safety of the garment.
The breakthrough technology used to create the 40 cal/cm2 UltraLite joins two different materials to produce highly protective garments that are 37% lighter than typical 40 cal/cm2 garments, while maintaining premium comfort, durability and wearability. The UltraLite line of garments includes a coat/coverall, pants with a bib and a 40 cal hood.
13. WorldRail industrial safety guard rail—The WorldRail by Worldwide Material Handling is an industrial safety guard rail with 4-way setup capabilities. Holes are punched on all sides of every post, granting the versatility to create any shaped barrier that you may need. To aid in adherence, holes are preinstalled with stainless-steel threaded inserts for fast installation, expansion or adaptation. Every post is supported on a 10” x 10” x ½”-thick footplate, which allows for stability and minimal space obstruction all at once. Simply anchor the unit to the ground using ¾-in diameter anchors.
Worldwide currently offers two heights for the WorldRail: 18in and 42in tall. Regardless of which height is chosen, post dimensions measure 4 ¾”x 4 ¾” to create a perfect square. Posts can be further customized by choosing where it’s preferred the post attaches to the footplate.
The rail portion is offered in lengths of 1ft increments starting at just 2ft long, all the way up to 10ft long. However, custom rail lengths are also available upon request. The rail itself is 12in in height; 1/8-in thick; and is double-ribbed in shape to protect against even the most bullish of hits.
12. Rockford Systems launches new remote Safeguarding Assessment Service—Rockford Systems announced the expansion of its RS360 workplace safety portfolio with a new Remote Safeguarding Assessment service. The Remote Safeguarding Assessment is designed for customers with less complex machine safeguarding requirements that need to be evaluated for CFR OSHA 1910, ANSI B11 series standards and NFPA 79/70E compliance.
The Remote Safeguarding Assessment can help employers and operators understand the mechanical components of machinery and the hazardous mechanical motion that occurs at or near these machines to help avoid injury.
The Remote Safeguarding Assessment service is available for customers with basic cutting and turning machines, including drill presses, vertical mills, grinders, small lathes, saws, sanders and riveters.
“The new remote assessment offers organizations with an immediate safeguarding need or small- to mid-sized companies an economical approach to mission-critical guarding solutions, with the same comprehensive reporting as our onsite assessments,” said Matt Brenner, Vice President of Machine Safeguarding Solutions at Rockford Systems.
11. Cementex announces insulating rubber apron—Cementex announced the availability of its insulating rubber apron, ideal for working on or around battery storage systems. With a base material of Cementex Class 0 Roll Blanket, the apron is composed of high-strength fabric reinforced Type II rubber. Highly puncture- and tear-resistant, the Cementex insulating rubber apron is also flame-resistant (self-extinguishing) and oil- and ozone-resistant.
Designed, manufactured, and tested in the U.S., the apron meets strict ASTM F2320 specifications.
10. Line of durable touchscreen work gloves—Ironclad Performance Wear announced the launch of its new Command Series glove line. The Command Series incorporates cutting-edge nanoparticle technology to create durable touchscreen work gloves. Unlike common coated touchscreen fabrics, Ironclad infused its abrasion-resistant synthetic leather with conductive carbon ions. The result is permanent conductivity throughout the synthetic leather—with touchscreen capability that will not wear out for the life of the gloves.
The new Command Series line is comprised of 18 touchscreen gloves, built to withstand heavy-duty work environments. The Command Series utilizes four different glove chassis:
- Utility: Open cuff design with maximum dexterity;
- Pro:Hook and loop closure, terry cloth sweat wipe, multiple palm options;
- Grip:A silicone printed palm that dramatically increases wet and dry grip; and
- Impact:Highly flexible, full finger and back of hand impact protection.
9. AIMCO Manufacturing debuts intuitive Pace Controller feature—IMCO Manufacturing demonstrated its new Pace Controller at the Ohio Safety Congress in Columbus, Ohio. Powered by compressed air, this feature allows the lift assist to follow the natural pace of the operator. The combination of the up-down controller and ergonomic handle provides precise positioning of parts being lifted.
8. Steel King announces shipping racks to safely ship vehicle parts without loss or damage—Steel King Industries, Inc. announced a diverse line of customizable shipping racks, ideal for reducing damage and loss when shipping fragile vehicle parts for final vehicle assembly. Steel King’s custom shipping racks help users “cube out” a trailer, maximizing the number of parts that can be handled in each truckload. This can reduce freight costs. The racks also cut costs associated with disposable pallets. Shipping racks and containers can often be designed with collapsible sides to allow empty racks to reduce space and freight costs on the return trip.
From steering wheels, mirrors and fenders to engines and transmissions, Steel King builds racks that maximize trailer space by using a variety of stacking or space-saving designs. In addition to the steel-framed racks, Steel King designs all dunnage needed to cradle, cushion or support the parts and integrates the dunnage into the rack.
7. Pennsylvania Scale adds U6600 Bulk Container Scale to its Productivity Series—Pennsylvania Scale Company announced the latest addition to its Productivity Series—the U6600 Low-Profile Bulk Container Scale. The U6600 provides no-ramp weighing of bulk containers and irregularly sized loads to save space and improve efficiency in lean manufacturing environments.
To eliminate the ramp and save floor space, the U-shaped weighing platform of the U6600 supports the load on three sides, leaving the fourth side open for a pallet jack or forklift to enter and place the load. The U6600 is ideal for weighing IBCs, MACX bulk containers, bundled materials and oversized loads, and it promotes lean manufacturing through efficient inventory control, usage monitoring and other material control applications. The U6600 is part of Pennsylvania Scale’s Productivity Series—a select group of products designed specifically to solve workflow and inventory challenges for greater efficiency.
6. Big Ass Fans unveils new lighting product—Durable and sleek, the LED Bay Light keeps the light bright and the heat away. Offering a variety of outputs (six lumen options ranging from 12,000-36,000), the LED Bay Light can brighten any space. With three mounting options (aircraft cable, conduit and flush), a rotatable module providing various angles of distribution and five interchangeable lens options to shape and direct light where it needs to go, the LED Bay Light is simple to install, alter and optimize.
Rated up to an industry-topping 187 lumens per watt, the LED Bay Light maintains output for 150,000 hours (that’s 17 years of 24/7 operation). With a rugged, thermodynamic design for dissipating heat, the LED Bay Light won’t break, flicker or overheat (max temperature rating of 149℉ (65℃)).
5. The importance of battery maintenance—TVH in the Americas (TVH) has several different products to help maintain safe water levels in batteries from a whole watering system to hand-held watering guns and bulbs to battery watering monitor systems.
The company’s Stealth Watering System is a float-based, single-point watering system that fills all battery cells to the same level at the same time and takes one tenth the time of hand watering.
TVH’s Gun-X watering gun can be used with the Stealth Watering System or used to fill each individual battery cell one by one. It has an automatic shutoff and a 45-degree bend nozzle to make filling batteries easier.
Blinky watering monitor systems are available in various levels and are able to notify you whether the battery water levels are okay or need filling. The Blinky monitoring system is the most basic with only a light that flashes green if it is okay, if it needs filling there is no light. The Smart Blinky Remote watering monitor system is the highest level and has a lower profile than the Smart Blinky and has new flash patterns: a calm green indicating water levels are okay or a red, frantic flash pattern indicating water levels need to be adjusted.
NIOSH-approved, the RADN95V (with valve) and RADN95 Particulate Respirators help improve lung health by reducing the risk of inhaling hazardous airborne particles by filtering out at least 95% of particulate matter. These disposable respirators are ideal for jobsites where sanding, grinding, blasting or landscaping occur or in warehouses where dust and allergens cause respiratory irritation.
The RADN95V is packaged with 10 respirators per box, while the RADN95 has 20 per box. Both styles feature a soft liner, a nose clip and two comfort straps for a secure fit. The RADN95V is engineered with the Arctic Valve that quickly dispels heat, improving comfort and wearability.
The new Skullerz Lightweight Bump Caps offer durable head protection against bumps, scrapes and bruises in areas with low ceilings, overhead pipes or beams, or other tight spaces and confined quarters. The new versions are designed to be lighter, cooler and more comfortable than their predecessors.
The new Skullerz Lightweight Bump Caps weigh in at 40% lighter than the previous Skullerz 8950 Bump Cap, with cooling channels to help vent heat and increase airflow over the top of the bump cap. The lightweight but durable HDPE bump cap is covered by an airy mesh outer cap for increased breathability and cooling. Inside, the comfortable and protective padding works to channel air out to prevent heat buildup. These improvements result in a lighter, cooler bump cap that still conforms to the world’s only bump cap standard, EN 812-2012.
Other improvements include an optional LED light for work at night or in low-light conditions. The new bump caps come in three brim lengths: micro, short and long brim and all feature reflective accents for visibility in low lighting.
2. Radians expands portfolio of RadWear color-blocked apparel—Driven by function and style, color-blocking improves wearability and time in service, Radians expanded its RadWear apparel line with styles that include black color-blocking.
Radians recently launched two new color-blocked heavy-duty engineer vests: the SV55B and the SV66B. Both vests are rated Type R Class 2.
The SV55B is based on the SV55, one of Radians’ bestselling two-tone engineer vests. It has many of the features of the SV55, such as a heavy duty #8 zipper closure, padded neck, dual mic tabs and 12 pockets—including a plan pocket for blueprints or other large documents. The SV55B has the black detail at the bottom of the vest and in the chest area.
The SV66B has contrasting black trim at the bottom of the vest, nine pockets, including a plan pocket, dual mic tabs and grommets at neck for tool keepers.
1. Malta Dynamics launches new light weight Razorback Elite Rescue Harness—The Malta Dynamics product line expanded with the addition of a new line of rescue-and-retrieval safety harnesses. The Razorback Elite and Elite MAXX Rescue Harnesses feature a comfortable, lightweight design with breathable padding.
“The built-in rescue handles make this safety harness ideal in situations where you are able to retrieve a down worker,” said David Ivey, Fall Protection Engineer.
The Razorback Elite’s lower chest strap is ideal for female workers. Other key features include quick-connect buckles, reflective stitching, a new back D-Ring design and two additional D-Ring attachment points. WMHS