About ASSP – Working together for a safer, stronger future
For more than 100 years, the American Society of Safety Professionals has been at the forefront of helping occupational safety and health professionals protect people and property. The nonprofit society is based in the Chicago suburb of Park Ridge. Its global membership of over 39,000 professionals covers every industry, developing safety and health management plans that prevent injuries, illnesses and deaths. ASSP advances its members and the safety profession through education, advocacy, standards and a professional community. Its flagship publication, Professional Safety, is a longtime leader in the field. Visit www.assp.org and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- ANSI/ASSP Z490.1-2016 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training
Safety training is an essential element of any effective OSH program. The ANSI/ASSP Z490.1 standard provides guidance on how to manage overall safety training programs including program development, delivery, evaluation and documentation.
- ANSI/ASSP Z490.2-2019 Accepted Practices for E-Learning in Safety, Health and Environmental Training
Get the latest industry guidance on accepted practices for e-learning in safety, health and environmental training.
HYDROGEN SULFIDE TRAINING
- ANSI/ASSP Z390.1 – 2017 Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs
This standard establishes accepted practices, safety training and instructions to protect workers from overexposure to hydrogen sulfide, a gas that can cause a wide range of health effects.
- ANSI/ASSP Z359.2 – 2017 Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Managed Fall Protection Program
This standard establishes minimum requirements of a fall protection program that will enable an employer to identify, evaluate, eliminate or control fall hazards in the workplace.
- ANSI/ASSP Z359.7-2019 Qualification and Verification Testing of Fall Protection Products
This standard specifies requirements for equipment, facilities, specimens to be sampled and documentation when testing ANSI/ASSP Z359 Fall Protection Code products.
- ANSI/ASSP Z359.12-2019 Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems
This standard specifies safety requirements for fall protection hardware that is used in occupations requiring personal protection against falls from heights.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- ANSI/ASSP Z10.0 - 2019 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (digital only)
This is a comprehensive, systems-based standard that provides flexibility in tailoring its requirements to your organization’s safety and health risks.
- ANSI/ASSP/ISO 45001-2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - Requirements with Guidance for Use
The ISO 45001 standard, one of the most significant occupational health & safety management systems standards to be developed in decades, provides a framework from which safety & health objectives can be effectively managed.
PREVENTION THROUGH DESIGN
- ANSI/ASSP Z590.3-2011(R2016) Prevention through Design Guidelines for Addressing Occupational Hazards and Risks in Design and Redesign Processes
Using the prevention through design standard, safety professionals can assess and reduce hazards during the design or redesign of a facility, process or product.
- ANSI/ASSP/ISO 31000-2018 Risk Management - Guidelines
This document provides guidelines on managing risk faced by organizations. The application of these guidelines can be customized to any organization and applied to any activity, including decision-making at all levels.
- ANSI/ASSP/ISO/IEC 31010-2019 Risk Management - Risk Assessment Techniques
This document provides guidance on the selection and application of various techniques that can be used to help improve the way uncertainty is taken into account and to help understand risk.