FANUC America Demonstrates High-Speed Handling of Pastries
FANUC America, the leading supplier of CNCs, robotics and ROBOMACHINEs demonstrates high-speed handling of pastries with its M-2iA/3SL delta and LR Mate 200iD/7LC food/clean room robot at Automate 2019 in Chicago, Booth #7540.
The demonstration features an M-2iA/3SL delta robot using 2D iRVision® and iRPickTool line tracking software to pick randomly oriented pastries from an infeed conveyor and place them on an outfeed cleated conveyor into groups of three. Next, an LR Mate 200iD/7LC food/clean room robot picks the group of three products from the conveyor and places them into a box to simulate packing. The products recirculate and the cycle repeats. The cell features high-speed picking/packing with product re-orientation.
FANUC M-2iA Delta Robot
The M-2iA delta robot is designed for high-speed picking and assembly applications. The series has six model variations that provide solutions for a variety of space requirements. Rated IP69K, and built with corrosion-resistant materials and finishes, the M-2iA tolerates high pressure/temperature and sanitizer wash down environments.
The M-2iA operates with FANUC’s latest R-30iB Plus controller with integrated intelligent functions such as iRVision®, Force Sensing, Robot Link, and Collision Guard.
M-2iA Delta Robot Features and Benefits:
- M-2iA/3A and M-2iA/3AL models offer a three kg payload, six-axis design (three-axis wrist) designed for part handling and assembly.
- M-2iA/3S and M-2iA/3SL models offer a three kg payload, four-axis design (single-axis wrist) to move parts accurately at extremely high-speeds.
- The M-2iA/6H and M-2iA/6HL models offer three-axes of motion for super high-speed picking, and a six kg payload.
- The M-2iA/3A, M-2iA/3S and M-2iA/6H short arm robots offer a reach of 800mm wide x 300mm high; the M-2iA/3AL, M-2iA/3SL and M-2iA/6HL long arm robots offer a reach of 1130mm wide x 400mm high.
- A hollow wrist enables internal cable routing, minimizing wear and tear.
- Food option features food grade grease and a special coating to handle acid and alkaline disinfectants.
- Ability to work with primary (unpackaged) or secondary (packaged) food products.
- Standard IP69K rating for the entire robot means the robot is waterproof and can withstand harsh environments, including dust and high-pressure cleaning.
- Supports FANUC’s latest intelligent features including iRVision and force sensing.
- Collision Guard detects robot collisions with external objects, minimizing damage to the part and robot.
- Robot Link controls and coordinates up to ten robots through a network exchange of robot positional data.
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A very slim (human size) arm and an optional bottom cable exit minimizes interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications.
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact footprint minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
FANUC embraces a culture of “Service First” which means that customer service is our highest priority. We are committed to supplying our customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.
FANUC America, www.fanucamerica.com
Share on Socials!
Hyster Takes Home Two Reader’s Choice Awards for Lift Truck Solutions
Supplying Headlamps as Critical PPE in Hazardous Environments
Essential Safety Tools in Manufacturing
Leaders in Material Handling
Leaders in Safety