Raymond Announces New Lithium-Ion Battery for Lift Trucks
New battery offers reduced maintenance, easy installation and full integration with Raymond® chargers and telematics
The Raymond Corporation, an intralogistics solutions leader, expands its line of advanced energy solutions with the launch of the Energy Essentials Distributed by Raymond® 48-volt drop-in lithium-ion battery (48V LIB), which is available in multiple configurations to meet a variety of customer demands.
“The 48-volt drop-in lithium-ion battery offers customers a smart alternative energy solution to upgrade existing or new lift trucks,” said Damon Hosmer, senior product marketing manager, energy storage technology and integration, The Raymond Corporation. “This new product solves three of the biggest concerns our customers tend to have when adopting alternative power sources: footprint, power and run-time. This battery delivers higher energy density in a smaller footprint, which creates more power, decreases charging times and increases run-times.”
Designed as a direct, plug-and-play replacement for conventional lead acid batteries, the new 48V LIB fits lift trucks with battery compartments of 13 inches and larger and requires no additional modifications. The new battery also provides for continuous data exchange between Raymond® lift trucks and chargers, giving customers easy access to critical operating metrics — and to the Raymond portfolio of telematics and intralogistics solutions.
“Our chargers, LIBs, and telematics packages all work together to optimize performance and data acquisition,” added Hosmer. “Used in conjunction with Raymond’s Power Source Integration and iWAREHOUSE platform, this new battery gives users access to a more holistic view of their operation, allowing for better decision-making, boosting battery life span, improving operational efficiency and increasing productivity.”
The new 48V LIB is suitable for a variety of environments and is designed to deliver a strong business case for alternative energy adoption, including:
- Increased productivity from convenient opportunity charging, longer run-times and faster charging;
- Reduced maintenance thanks to the completely sealed battery design, which eliminates the maintenance requirements of traditional lead acid batteries;
- Lowest total cost of ownership with the longest cycle life in the industry;
- Reduced energy and operating costs due to the decreased need for spare batteries or lift trucks;
- Easy installation and implementation thanks to a drop-in design that’s compatible with the entire Raymond fleet of new or existing electric lift trucks; and
- Enhanced peace of mind from the UL® 2580 listing and a six-year or 5,000-cycle warranty.
For more information, visit https://www.raymondcorp.com.
Share on Socials!
Guardian Launches HTL Horizontal Lifeline for Fall Protection
Makita Creates the World’s First Angle Grinder with a Non-Removable Guard
Prevent Cold Stress with 3 Steps for Choosing Winter PPE
Leaders in Material Handling
Leaders in Safety