FANUC Named Top Workplace in 2020
FANUC, the world’s leading supplier of CNCs, robotics and ROBOMACHINEs, was named a top workplace in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press for the ninth consecutive year. FANUC ranks 15 out of 30 companies in the large employer category in Michigan. In addition, the Chicago Tribune named FANUC’s Hoffman Estate, IL regional office a top workplace in Illinois for the third year in a row.
FANUC America’s Achievements in 2020 include a number of new CNC and robotics products, a new facility in Alabama, national recognition for helping close the manufacturing skills gap, and a first-ever virtual event.
These accomplishments include:
- The new 30i-B Plus Series CNCs incorporate enhancements to progress high-speed and high-quality manufacturing;
- To further develop the next-gen manufacturing workforce, FANUC America expanded its CNC training offerings to include 5-axis CNC simulation. The machining simulation for workforce development reportedly provides virtual training for controls operation and part programming;
- The Quick and Simple Startup of Robotization (QSSR) G-code feature allows FANUC CNCs to control machine tending robots that provide assistance to machine tools, reportedly benefiting shops that are unfamiliar with robotic programming language since the robots can now be programmed using ISO standard G-code;
- A new CRX line of collaborative robots reportedly offer a variety of unique attributes that set industry standards in terms of ease of use, safety and reliability;
- A major expansion to its line of high-performance SCARA robots including the SR-12iA and SR-20iA with 12- and 20-kilogram payloads respectively. The added robot model variations could offer companies versatile and high-speed options for a variety of applications;
- A growing customer base prompted FANUC to open a new regional office in Bessemer, AL to provide automation for aerospace, automotive OEMs, its tier suppliers, consumer products, and a wide range of other industries;
- The U.S. Department of Labor recognized FANUC America, Rockwell Automation and other industry partners for apprenticeship programs designed to help companies overcome the skills gap; and
- FANUC held its first virtual event called “Take Control”. Launched on Oct. 19-22, the event site includes three distinct zones: knowledge, solutions and exploration.
For more information, visit https://www.fanucamerica.com.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!