Ron Howard, Robots and Parcel Sortation: A Preview of ProMat 2023
The organizers of ProMat 2023, which takes place March 20-23, 2023 at McCormick Place in Chicago, will help attendees “shockproof” their operations and move their businesses forward. More than a thousand leading manufacturing and supply chain solution providers will be on hand to help with those goals. The highly anticipated event will feature:
- Hands-on demonstrations of the latest technologies and innovations
- Four inspiring keynote speeches
- More than 150 expert-led seminars covering a broad array of supply chain, material handling and logistics topics
- Plenty of opportunities to network with peers and build strong business partnerships with suppliers from all over the world
What Will Be Covered?
Packaging, containers & shipping equipment: Box and carton makers, dunnage trays, packaging and unitizing systems, wrapping, inspection of products by weight or scanning, pallets, wire baskets, plastic and metal containers, palletizing equipment.
Robotics, automation & emerging technologies: AS/RS, G2P, AGVs, AGCs, autonomous mobile robots, articulated robotic arms, sensors, software, cloud computing, driverless vehicles, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, omni-channel fulfillment, unified commerce, augmented reality, virtual reality, wearable and mobile technologies.
Material handling & logistics equipment & systems: Automated storage and retrieval systems, automatic guided vehicle systems, casters/wheels/tires, hydraulic and electrical components and controls, robotics, personnel/burden carriers, racks, forklifts, batteries, lift trucks, flexible manufacturing systems, tool handling, conveyors, mezzanines, lift tables, scissor lifts, unit handling systems, manufacturing execution systems, warehouse management systems/supply chain and logistics execution systems, ergonomic and safety equipment, carousels, modular drawer storage, order picking, sortation equipment, shelving and workstations, third-party logistics.
Inventory management, information technology & controlling technologies: Computers, controllers, software programs, systems integrators, manufacturing execution systems, warehouse management systems/supply chain and logistics execution systems, remote control equipment, wireless control systems, voice recognition systems, enterprise resource planning, order management systems, transportation management systems.
Warehouse & manufacturing equipment: Dock levelers, dock pads, doors, forklift trucks, racks, flooring, handling systems, forklift attachments, conveyors, hoists, cranes, monorails, loading dock equipment, below/hook lifting devices.
Supply chain management & sustainability: Alternative fuel systems, parcel management and distribution, reverse logistics, third party logistics, sustainable facility equipment, supply chain and logistics execution systems, enterprise resource planning and transportation management systems, inventory security services.
Automatic identification equipment & systems: Barcode printers and scanners, vision systems, voice recognition systems, RFID systems, systems integrators.
Transportation & logistics: Freight transportation, parcel delivery, security, autonomous vehicles, robotics, sensors, supply chain management software, third party logistics and reverse logistics.
ProMat 2023 will feature keynote speeches by people who are leaders in their respective fields, such as:
- A Conversation with Ron Howard – Academy Award-winning director and actor Ron Howard, who has more than 50 years in the entertainment industry as producer, director, writer and star of some of the seminal works of his generation, will share his thoughts on the creative process, inspiration and the role of a mentor. Wednesday, March 22 – 1:00 a.m. Grand Ballroom
- Women Leading in Supply Chains – Michelle Dilley, CEO of AWESOME, is moderator for this panel of women as they discuss challenges they have faced, the importance of developing strong networks and how they have broken down barriers and used their voices to advocate for themselves and others. Monday, March 20 – 8:45 a.m. Grand Ballroom
- A Conversation with José Andrés – Named one of TIME magazine’s most influential people in the world, celebrity chef José Andrés will talk about the diverse humanitarian projects he has launched that are aimed at making the world a better place one meal at a time. An example: the non-profit World Central Kitchen (WCK) he founded provides meals in the wake of natural disasters as well as the Ukraine war. Tuesday, March 21 – 8:45 a.m. Grand Ballroom S100
- 2023 Annual Industry Report – Wanda Johnson, Specialist Leader of Deloitte and John Paxton, CEO of MHI will provide insight on this new report on the supply chain trends and digital technologies that are transforming supply chains. They will be joined by a panel of manufacturing and supply chain thought leaders to discuss the real-world significance of the report findings. Wednesday, March 22 – 8:45 a.m. Grand Ballroom
ProMat 2023 is sponsored by MHI, an international trade association representing material handling and logistics equipment and systems manufacturers, integrators, consultants, publishers and third-party logistics providers. ProMat 2023 and other events sponsored by MHI help to showcase the products and services of its member companies and to educate industry professionals on the productivity solutions provided through material handling and logistics. For more information on MHI, visit http://www.mhi.org. WMHS
Share on Socials!
Veriforce's eBook explores the transformative potential of their solution for the utilities sector. It focuses on predictive analytics, enabling proactive decision-making, alongside configurability to customize solutions, and a strong emphasis on Environmental, Social, and Governance considerations. Discover how Veriforce empowers utility companies to navigate complex challenges and drive supply chain alignment for sustainable growth.