Honeywell Helps Protect Mobile Workers with New Disinfectant-Ready Scanners, Printers and Mobile Computers
Honeywell announced several of its mobile computers, barcode scanners and printers will soon be available with disinfectant-ready housings. These new offerings support highly mobile workers in the warehousing, retail, transportation, logistics and field services industries be productive while enhancing safety in the workplace.
New devices with disinfectant-ready housings include:
- Xenon XP and Voyager XP scanners, designed for retail point of sale and can capture difficult to read or damaged barcodes;
- CK65 mobile computer, ideal for workers across the logistics and manufacturing sector to help in receiving, put-away, cross docking, shipping, and inventory management;
- CT40 XP mobile computer, an all-in-one solution for retail associates and other mobile workers to accomplish inventory management, customer service and last-mile delivery;
- CT60 XP mobile computer, designed for highly mobile, frontline workers and managers who have scan intensive workflows and need secure mobile data collection and processing;
- ScanPal EDA51 mobile computer, designed for small-and medium-sized businesses to increase productivity in retail, direct store delivery, pickup and delivery and field service applications; and
- RP2 mobile printer, an ultra-rugged and reliable mobile receipt printer for route accounting, direct store delivery, citation printing, and car rental return receipts.
Mobile devices could be connected to Honeywell Operational Intelligence, and new software features from the asset management platform can help employees and managers with real-time data to better respond to critical factors for businesses re-opening under modified conditions due to rapidly evolving health and safety guidelines.
New health crisis features include:
- Social Distancing Proximity Detection allows organizations to prioritize and monitor social distancing practices by monitoring the proximity between Honeywell devices and logs alerts;
- Check Out/In and Device Cleaning Management establishes processes to check out and in devices during a worker’s shift, providing device tracing data and alerting workers on when to clean workplace assets or other areas of the worksite;
- Remote Control and Remote Wipe give IT administrators the availability to quickly take control of a device in any location to investigate and fix issues remotely and digitally wipe devices to original factory settings; and
- Customer Counter device users shared, real-time data to employees at multiple entrances of a store to remain in-sync and count as customers enter and exit.
The expansion of mobile computers using disinfectant-ready housings are a part of a comprehensive effort to quickly develop solutions that are helping important sectors of the global economy recover.
For more information, visit www.honeywell.com.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!