Taking lightweight safety footwear to the next level, Red Wing Shoe Company has expanded the Red Wing Lite Collection with Traction Tred Lite and new Women’s Zero-G Lite options. The new additions join the EXOS Lite and CoolTech Athletics lines to form a best-in-class lightweight safety footwear collection that delivers safety without sacrificing comfort.
Evolving its classic Traction Tred family, Red Wing Shoes introduced Traction Tred Lite – an incredibly lightweight line of workboots that feature the iconic flat-bottom sole, offering all-day comfort and stability. The new collection uses a next-gen lightweight sole engineered with Vibram Litebase technology for incredible traction and durability without the extra weight of a typical outsole.
Key performance features of the ASTM-compliant Traction Tred Lite models include:
- Lightweight sole: the new LiteTred Sole is engineered with Vibram Litebase technology. It’s a revolutionary technology that reduces the overall sole weight through a reduction of the sole thickness while maintaining Vibram quality in slip, oil and abrasion resistance with high durability and performance;
- Superior stability: the flat LiteTred Sole features no heel for stable footing and the shallow lug pattern minimizes mud or rock build-up on the boot;
- Exceptional comfort: a high-density polyurethane insole enhances comfort while a gel pad layer provides extra cushioning in high-impact areas and pressure points. In addition, foam padding within the collar provides extra cushioning around the ankle;
- Safety: a non-metallic Nano composite safety toe offers protection with less weight than a traditional steel safety toe. A soft toe option is also offered; and
- Style: waterproof leather is offered in three on-trend colors – Saddle Voyageur, Oro Logger and Espresso Voyageur – and available in chukka, 6-inch and 8-inch silhouettes.
The Zero-G Lite line, the lightest in the Red Wing arsenal, now has ultra-lightweight fashion-forward offerings for women that look like everyday shoes but perform like work boots. These new styles, designed specifically for the unique shape of a woman’s foot, are an expansion of the existing Zero-G Lite collection first introduced in 2019.
Key performance and style features of the new women’s Zero-G Lite models include:
- Designed for a woman’s foot: the new styles are purpose-built to fit the unique shape of a woman’s foot using a custom last;
- Outsole: the incredibly light X-Lite Surge outsole is non-marking and offers best-in- class slip, oil, gas and chemical resistance;
- Innovation: the Zero-G Lite family utilizes the innovative XL EXTRALIGHT Industrial Plus Compound that contributes to key features of the X-Lite Surge outsole;
- Comfort: the EVA footbed provides high-rebound cushioning at key strike points, features antimicrobial treatment to control odors and is sustainably made with green materials;
- Safety protection: select styles offer a low-profile aluminum safety toe and are available with either electrical hazard or static dissipative protection. A soft toe option is also available; and
- Styles: offered in slip-on, chukka and 5-inch zip-up boot styles made with premium full- grain leather.
For more information, visit https://www.redwingshoes.com.