Three new angle grinders feature X-LOCK: 18V LXT® Brushless 4-1/20-inch / 5-inch X-LOCK Angle Grinder (XAG25Z), 18V LXT® Brushless 4-1/2-inch / 5-inch Paddle Switch Angle Grinder (XAG26Z), and 4-1/2-inch X-LOCK Angle Grinder (GA4570). These X-LOCK Angle Grinders are designed for cutting, grinding and surface prep applications in metalworking.
- X-LOCK: an accessory locking mechanism integrated into the gear housing for tool-free accessory changes. A click-mount and pull release lever make changing accessories easy and up to 5-times faster than traditional threaded lock-nut mounting. X-LOCK eliminates the possibility of over- or under-tightening the threaded lock spindles; and
- 18V LXT Brushless 4-1/2-inch / 5inch X-LOCK Angle Grinders: The cordless angle grinders feature an efficient Makita-built brushless motor, which reportedly delivers 8,500 RPM for faster grinding. A quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity. Spiral bevel gears provide smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy for smoother, consistent grinding.
Both grinders reportedly feature a rubberized soft grip and a 3-stage LED gauge to indicate battery charge level and are equipped with wire mesh intake covers to help prevent debris from entering the motor.
The cordless angle grinders also have the following advanced electronic features:
- Automatic Speed ChangeTM: adjusts speed and torque during operation for maximum performance;
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®): AFT turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop;
- Anti-Restart Protection: engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch in the on position;
- Electric Brake (XAG26 only): stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity;
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPTTM): a protective seal inside the tool engineered for improved dust and moisture resistance by channeling debris away from the tool’s key internal components;
- Soft Start: suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life;
- Star Protection Computer ControlsTM: communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
Makita also has the 18V LXT System and 4-1/2-inch X-LOCK Angle Grinder.
- 18V LXT System: the angle grinders are a part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories; and
- 4-1/2-inch X-LOCK Angle Grinder: the GA4570 is a corded version, offering 7.5 AMPS. An AC/DC slide switch allows use with alternative power sources. It features a compact design with 2-1/2-inch diameter barrel.
For durability, the angle grinder features a ball-bearing design and metal gear housing, a labyrinth construction of seals to protect the drive gear and bearings, and a varnish-sealed armature. Accessories include diamond blades, grinding wheels, cut-off wheels, flap discs, and wire abrasives.
For more information, visit https://www.makitatools.com.