A+A 2021 Preview: Highlights at Leading Trade Fair for Safety, Security and Health at Work
More than 1,000 exhibitors will present comprehensive insights, solutions and products for the future of work at the upcoming A+A, International Trade Fair with Congress for Safety, Security and Health at Work. The event will take place at the fairgrounds in Düsseldorf, Germany from October 26 – 29.
The successful staging of A+A 2021 is ensured by an extensive Hygiene and Infection Protection Concept for events at the home base in Düsseldorf, which has already been implemented at several other trade fairs and is constantly adapted to the current conditions. To provide the best protection possible for all trade show participants, registration for A+A 2021 is mandatory as well as tickets booked with TVR-proof (tested, vaccinated or recovered) on a daily basis.
The most important congress for all professionals and experts is organized by the German Association for Occupational Safety and Health (Basi), bringing together occupational safety and health stakeholders and decision-makers from industry, the skilled trades, administration, politics and science in Düsseldorf every two years.
This year, the focus will be on current topics such as Working 4.0, the possibilities of digitalization and artificial intelligence for occupational safety and health, working in pandemic times, and the implementation of Vision Zero. A wealth of modern event formats will also discuss mobile working, occupational safety in international supply chains, sustainability in occupational safety and health as well as the future of work in Europe and worldwide.
On site, Hall 10 will feature a competence center for occupational safety and health at the Meeting Point Safety + Health. Together with its national and international partners, Basi will provide information about subjects such as corporate health promotion, occupational diseases, hazardous substances, personal protective equipment, accident insurance, rehabilitation as well as rules and regulations.
Trend themes of A+A 2021
Digital performance and sustainability determine the current discussion and will continue to strongly influence the future of work. In addition to these two megatrends at A+A 2021, the focus of the ancillary program will be on solutions for the future (Future Solutions), new working worlds (New Work) and the topic of hygiene and the pandemic.
An overview of the themed sessions include:
- Digitalization + Safety: Lectures on the themes of digital documentation of PPE use, such as purchase, maintenance, care and cleaning as well as the recording of near accidents;
- Digitalization + Health: Presentation of health Apps, teleworking and new working worlds as well as mental stress and workload reduction through exoskeletons;
- Sustainability: Introduction to the Due Diligence Act on the German and European level. Circular economy and its limits;
- Protection and Hygiene: Best practice, experiences and learnings for the selection of PPE (masks, hand protection, disinfection, etc. incl. combinability), CE conformity and quality awareness; and
- Handling of Hazardous Substances: Talks on handling, evaluation and the risk assessment of hazardous substances. Latest insights associated with REACH as well as experimental lectures on hazardous materials storage.
Selected lectures will be streamed live on the A+A 2021 website.
In Hall 6, the German Federal Association of Industrial Fire Protection (WFVD) will stage a special show on industrial fire protection and emergency management. In several live demonstrations, the use of chemical protective suits (CPS) will simulate the escape of toxic substances in the event of an accident.
The Robotics Park and Selfexperience Space will feature:
- Manufacturers of exoskeletons, together with the Fraunhofer IPA (Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation), will demonstrate how these technologies support workers in physically demanding jobs or while working in unergonomic positions. It features three simulated working situations of relevance to industrial exoskeletons: logistics, assembly and welding;
- In the adjacent Selfexperience Space, exhibitors will be able to present their innovations in action;
- The Fraunhofer IPA and University Stuttgart will organize the EXOWORKATHLON as part of the Robotics Park. A course will be set up for trainees and technical students to go through with and without exoskeletons; and
- In the special START-UP ZONE young, creative, future-oriented companies will introduce their innovations to the expert audience from all segments of occupational safety and health.
For more information, visit https://www.aplusa-online.com.
Share on Socials!
MEGAComfort, North America’s leading provider of Anti-Fatigue Insoles launches Hardest Worker Contest 2019
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!