ASSP Elections Highlighted by Giles’ Upcoming Move to President
The American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), the world’s oldest professional safety organization, has announced its new leaders from the 2021 Society elections. All terms begin July 1. Bradley Giles will serve as ASSP president for 2021-22.
ASSP’s top elected positions – all part of its board of directors – are president, president-elect, senior vice president, vice president of finance and directors-at-large. Each is a one-year term, except for the three-year terms of the vice president of finance and directors-at-large. The succession of leaders from senior vice president to president-elect, and from president-elect to president, is automatic.
Following are snapshots of ASSP’s newly elected leaders, whose influence and contributions will help shape the Society and the profession while sustaining the organization as a global leader for workplace safety and health.
- President Bradley Giles, P.E., CSP, STS, FASSP, GIOSH, is principal of Bradley Giles and Associates. He has more than 40 years of experience in the safety, health, environmental and security disciplines. An ASSP member since 1981, Giles was named an ASSP Fellow in 2010 for his significant contributions to the profession;
- President-elect Christine Sullivan, CSP, ARM, is senior vice president and risk control director at Sompo International. She has 30 years of safety experience and. Her Society honors include the Culbertson Outstanding Volunteer Service Award. An ASSP member since 1996, Sullivan will be Society president in 2022-23;
- Senior vice president James Thornton, CSP, CIH, FASSP, FAIHA, is former EHS director at Huntington Ingalls Industries, the nation’s largest military shipbuilder. An ASSP member since 1998, Thornton will be president in 2023-24;
- Director-at-large Tim Page-Bottorff, CSP, CIT, is a senior consultant at SafeStart who began his safety career nearly 30 years ago as a U.S. marine. He is a safety trainer, author and motivational speaker. A member since 2001, he was ASSP’s 2018 Safety Professional of the Year; and
- Director-at-large Daniel Snyder, Ed.D., CSP, CHST, OHST, CIT, is owner and founder of Safety Mentor. His safety career includes 30 years of consulting, training, research and creating sustainable solutions. He has also been an ASSP member since 2005.
Joining these five leaders on ASSP’s 2021-22 board of directors are vice president of finance Linda Tapp and directors-at-large Maribeth Anderson and Thomas Kramer. A successor to outgoing public director Anil Mathur is expected to be named by early summer.
For more information, visit https://www.assp.org.
Share on Socials!
Radians North Carolina Garment Manufacturing Facility Completes New Warehouse and Continues Renovations
MEGAComfort, North America’s leading provider of Anti-Fatigue Insoles launches Hardest Worker Contest 2019
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!