Lion Launches 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training for Hazardous Materials Technicians
Lion Technology Inc., a leader in the field of hazardous materials training, launched a 24-Hour HAZWOPER online course this week to help employers satisfy OSHA training mandates for workers who respond to hazardous substance releases.
The new 24-Hour HAZWOPER—Emergency Response Technician online course provides 24 hours of classroom competency training required by OSHA for employees referred to as “hazardous materials technicians” in the HAZWOPER regulations. The training covers mandatory emergency response topics, including hazard recognition, PPE selection and use, decontamination practices, emergency response procedures, and other technician-level competencies outlined in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6)(iii).
The 24-Hour course is the latest addition to Lion’s extensive HAZWOPER training catalog, which now offers initial and refresher training for emergency responders and contaminated site cleanup workers.
Lion’s online HAZWOPER training empowers employers to:
- Provide effective training for every covered employee. Employers can find courses for four levels of emergency responders: Awareness-level, operations, technician, and incident commander. Training for contaminated site cleanup workers is also available.
- Limit injuries and time away from work. Effective HAZWOPER training is critical to ensure employees are prepared to respond to dangerous situations and prevent chemical exposures.
- Stagger training to fit the facility’s needs. With online courses, employees can train in shifts to keep day-to-day operations on target and access training anytime from any internet connection.
- Track and organize employee training. Enroll a group and get access to Supervisor tools to track employee progress, print training certificates, and check re-training deadlines all in one place.
- Get answers to regulatory compliance questions. Employees who complete the new course receive Lion Membership, including access to the Finder Q&A service for a full year.
Lion Technology has provided reliable, up-to-date compliance training for facilities that use, store, and ship hazardous chemicals since 1977. The 24-Hour HAZWOPER course was designed and reviewed by credentialed workplace health and safety experts with decades of experience developing and delivering hazmat training.
“Expanding our HAZWOPER training catalog is part of Lion’s effort to provide more of the hazardous materials, environmental, and safety training that industry professionals need, all in one place,” says Lion President Tammy Kent. “The 24-Hour course will make it easier to prepare employees to respond to emergencies safely and effectively.”
Lion’s entire catalog of hazardous materials, hazardous waste, safety, and HAZWOPER training is available at Lion.com/Catalog.
Who Needs 24 Hour HAZWOPER Training?
Sometimes called “hazmat techs” or “industry techs,” hazardous materials technicians are employees who take aggressive response actions to stop a hazardous substance release or potential release.
The new 24-Hour HAZWOPER course will help satisfy OSHA’s initial training mandate for hazardous materials technicians, found in 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(6). Lion also offers annual refresher training required by OSHA for technicians and other levels of emergency responders.
HAZWOPER Training Guides for Employers
Effective training and preparation are key elements of every successful emergency response effort. To help employers select the appropriate course for every employee, Lion created a HAZWOPER graphic guide that outlines OSHA’s training requirements for all levels of emergency responders.
Visit Lion.com/HAZWOPER to select the right training for your employees or call 888-LION-511 x411 to discuss group training options.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!