The Paper Shipping Sack Manufacturers’ Association (PSSMA) announced the winners of its annual Safety Awards Program for 2020 during its Fourth Quarter 2020 and Annual Safety Review Webinar. The paper shipping sack manufacturing plant locations that achieved the Best Annual Safety Experience in 2020 in each of the man-hour categories shown are:
Less than 150,000 man-hours (a two-way tie with zero incidents):
- Bag Supply Company, Moody, Alabama; and
- Hood Packaging Corporation, Goose Creek, South Carolina
Between 150,000 to 225,000 man-hours (with zero incidents):
- Mondi Bags USA, Wellsburg, West Virginia.
Between 225,000 to 310,000 man-hours (a four-way tie with zero incidents):
- Mondi Bags USA, Eastman, Georgia;
- Mondi Bags USA, Romeoville, Illinois;
- Hood Packaging Corporation, Monticello, Arkansas; and
- ProAmpac, White House, Tennessee.
Over 310,000 man-hours (a two-way tie with zero incidents):
- Hood Packaging Corporation, Crossett, Arkansas; and
- Mondi Bags USA, Salt Lake City, Utah.
The paper shipping sack manufacturing plants that achieved the Greatest Annual Safety Improvement in 2020 in the man-hour categories shown are:
- Less than 150,000 man-hours: Portco Packaging, Toppenish, Washington;
- 150,000 to 225,000 man-hours: Hood Packaging Corporation, Wilmington, North Carolina;
- 225,000 to 310,000 man-hours: ProAmpac, Kansas City, Missouri; and
- Over 310,000 man-hours: The Robinette Company, Bristol, Tennessee.
Best Annual Safety Experience was determined based on lowest total recordable incidence rate in each annual man-hour category. Greatest Annual Safety Improvement was determined based on greatest decrease in total incidence rate between 2019 and 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.pssma.org.