Red Wing Designs Its Lightest Work Boot Ever
Red Wing Shoe Company introduced EXOS Lite, the lightest work boot in Red Wing’s history. Created from Red Wing’s industry insights and expectations for lightweight and comfortable safety footwear, the EXOS Lite line delivers on those needs without sacrificing the safety performance and craftsmanship expected from Red Wing Shoe Company.
“Red Wing heard from safety professionals and skilled laborers all over the U.S. about their wish for a work boot that performed in demanding environments without weighing them down throughout the day,” said Kristin Hamilton, senior product merchandising manager at Red Wing Shoe Company. “In order to create our lightest work boot ever, we used new safety materials and innovative manufacturing techniques while still meeting and exceeding safety standards.”
Designed for indoor and outdoor medium-duty jobs in warehousing, distribution, construction, light manufacturing and service environments, key features of the ASTM- and CSA-compliant EXOS Lite models include:
- Support: The Switchback Support System is a minimalistic design concept created by Red Wing and is reportedly built with integrated TPU cord construction to provide ankle and heel support. The SwitchBack Support System requires less material and avoids unnecessary layers of leather found in a traditional work boot;
- Outsole: The new exclusive EXOS X-Treme Lite sole design features premium performance with Vibram® Litebase technology which could reduce extra weight while still offering best-in-class slip, oil and abrasion resistance with high durability and performance;
- Comfort: A lightweight high-rebound cushion in the footbed is reportedly purpose-built to provide underfoot comfort all day long on and off the jobsite;
- Flexible: Features a Flex Calf Insert at the collar, which could help to widen the opening for easier access and allows for more flexibility in movement throughout the day;
- Safety: The low-profile safety toe is made from a tough, lightweight aluminum material that protects without looking like a bulky safety-toe boot; and
- Style: Available in a modern, low-profile that works for on and off the jobsite, the boot is offered in 6-inch and 8-inch waterproof styles with mocha, onyx or caramel Red Wing leather, with the choice of optional features like the BOA® Lacing System and a puncture-resistant insole.
For more information, visit www.redwingsafety.com.
Share on Socials!
Sign up to receive our industry publications for FREE!